Short this year, but I wanted to get something up.
- New iPhone demo
- iPhone not immediately available
- 10.6 demo. No, this isn’t 10.5 SP1 (really!)
- No new MacBook Pro, much as I want one
- A cleaner architectural re-alignment of OS X from a developer perspective
- Twitter will melt
- AAPL will be up at the end of the day
I don’t see how they can launch the store until next week. Half the people here would be immediately flooded with support and administrative requests. There will be pre-launch resources available, but the store won’t launch right away.
10.5 is great, but there are a lot of rough edges. The rumors about 10.6 being previewed are probably true, but I don’t think this will be a $129 upgrade. This will essentially be Service Pack 1. Apple isn’t Adobe, they won’t charge money to fix things that are broken.
Twitter is going to add such a bizarre additional layer to this.
And we’re walking in… or at least closer.