The main iTransmogrify! script has been updated with a bunch of new functionality:
- YouTube.com pages are now supported (see notes)
- Daily Motion videos are supported for new-style urls (see notes)
- Kink.fm player and listings page are now supported
- Sideload.com play links are now supported
- WordPress Blogs using Viper Video QuickTags are supported for YouTube
- All media links now open into new windows, so you won’t have to re-transmogrify a page with several media files after playing one. Note that this is dependent on the iPhone, sometimes it will blank other windows)
- Some content in iframes will now be converted.
- MotionBox, Viddler and Vimeo embedded videos, while not supporting iPod/iPhone alternate content, now link to their respective detail pages.
The main bookmarklet code was updated. This was necessary to workaround a frustrating oversight with Google Code hosting. Everyone will need to update their bookmarklet, in the future all updates will be automatic.
This has turned out to be far bigger than I ever imagined. Thank you to everyone for the links, feedback, compliments and ideas.
YouTube Internal pages
Because of a strange iPhone quirk, these links all need to go through the Google redirector, otherwise they bounce back to uk.youtube.com instead of playing.
DailyMotion videos using new-style urls, which are usually about six digits long, work correctly. Videos using the old-style alphanumeric ID do not work yet. I’m probably just going to resort to building a simple web-service to grab those. Additionally, there is no way to programatically access the mp4 alternate content url, so I just linked to their iPhone pages. I’d prefer embedding QuickTime directly, but it’s just not possible yet.